“Don’t fall for Halloween’s tricks; rather, call on God for His TREATS!”
Last Sunday’s service, I was surprisingly appreciated, due to October pastor’s appreciation month. With THANKS, it’s an honour to serve and unify our Godly dedication to one another. The message was “Virtues of a Godly man” and I humbly pray to do my best to measure up. Representative Deacon Ola’s message, outlined that the Christian moral life is one that seeks to cultivate and practise virtue; a habitual and firm disposition to do good. An effective moral life demands the practise of both human and theological virtues of which the Bible outlines: faith, hope, and love… “And beside this, giving all diligence, add to your faith virtue; and to virtue knowledge; And to knowledge temperance; and to temperance patience; and to patience godliness; And to godliness brotherly kindness; and to brotherly kindness charity.” 2 Peter 1:5-7
Enjoy these wonderful photos of reflection.
The outline from Deacon Ola Adeyemi
- He is focused on God’s Word/Prayer (Hebrews 2:1, Isaiah 66:2-3)
- Full of Wisdom (Proverbs 3:13)
- Responsible to his family/community, Romans 14:12)
- Cloth with Humility (Philippians 2:3-4, 1 Peter 5:5-7)
- Gentle with All (Proverbs 15:1)
- Builds Trustworthy Relationship (Proverbs 12:22, 27:17)
- God-Centered (Colossians 3:2, I Corinthians 15:58)
- Fears God (Proverbs 1:7, Philippians 4:8-9)
Click here to view last Sunday’s service & be blessed!
Sunday School update
Our Sunday school has leverage digital content produced by our Summer Interns. they have compiled a series of videos and corresponding activities/crafts for each week. Every Sunday – students will be encouraged to watch the new lesson on YouTube and follow along with the activities. Each Friday we will host a virtual small group with a handful of students to dig deeper into the lesson and fellowship with one another. Your Adventure begins at www.fbctoronto.ca/sunday-adventure/
Donations/Tithes & Offering
Tithe and Offerings are welcomed and can be donated with options below:
- E-transfer to email@example.com
- PayPal through our website fbctoronto.ca
- Text Giving: text the word “GIVE” to 416-977-3508
- Drop off at office mailbox (or arrange pick-up)
- *Registration now open for FBC Family/Friends Kids OnlineSunday
- *New Service attendance update – Text keyword “FBCTO” to church #416-977-3508 and follow link options on Emanant (to reserve, check-in, give or volunteer)
- Sunday, Nov 8th@ 12noon – We’ll be celebrating our 194th Anniversary with Rev. Lincoln Skeete. Pre-register early.
- Sunday, Nov 15th@ 1:30 pm – Church Family meeting ministry update following service.
- Sunday 12noon sanctuary service is OPEN for registration at door, or call the office, or pre-register by texting “fbcto” to 416-977-3508
Disclaimer: Email broadcast from my desk is sent with the utmost care and discernment. I consider it a privilege to communicate and keep you in touch with our church ministry. However, please advise if you would like to unsubscribe and your wish would be graciously honored. Otherwise do enjoy and may God bless you either way.